Traditional Japanese Food Cooking Class
From £112 per personBook now
- Professional instructor will show and explain the history and essence of Japanese food.
- Learn how to make a Japanese traditional meal.
- Recipes will be provided to make Japanese traditional food at home.
Cooking Class Schedule
1. Greetings, self-introduction（5-10 mins）
2. Demonstration（30-60 mins）
3. Practice and Experience（40 mins-2 hours）
4. Tasting and Discourse（30-60 mins）
5. Q&A session, Wrap（15〜20mins）
Marimo is a professional cook.
She uses simple recipes using an abundance of vegetables, taking advantage of seasonal ingredients. Her recipes, based on Japanese home cooking, are full of her original ideas and loved by many people of all generations. She is an expert in medicinal cooking, and teaches all kinds of Japanese cuisine in English at her salon in Aoyama.
She also does private catering and food styling for a TV-show and magazine. She published her first recipe book "Kurashino-koyomi" in 2013.
She has always tried to demonstrate that good food is the root to optimum health, and emphasises the importance of homemade meals for a happier family life.
Marimo was inspired by her father who worked as an embassy chef. She also grew up watching her grandmother cooking, and naturally acquired her cooking skills. She studied not only Japanese food, but other global cuisines too.
- Lunch or dinner
- Lesson fee
- English recipe
- One non-alcoholic drink
- Transportation to/from location
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Y's produce shop -Address 1-3-1 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo -Directions to Departure Location Nearest station: 1. Shibuya station about 8 min. on foot from Exit 13a. - Look for FOREVER 21 and keep going straight until the end. - Turn left - Building is located in front of TBS housing exhibition. 2. Subway Omotesando station about 8 min. on foot from Exit B2 - Go along Aoyama street and pass United Nation University. - When you see ACCEA, turn right at the corner. - Building is located in front of TBS housing exhibition.
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking
• For safety reasons, ingredients that need to be cut will be done in advance.
Product ID: 66442