Tokyo Photo Tour: Tokyo By Night
From £78 per personBook now
- Explore Tokyo's hidden spots after dark
- Learn to take photos of night trails and neon lights
- Visit the back alleys of Shibuya and Shinjuku
- Get tips from professional local photographers
- Meet photo enthusiasts from all over the world
- Take memorable photos of Tokyo after dark
You will be shown the best vantage points in the busiest area in Tokyo: Shinjuku. The station itself boasts a traffic of more than 1 million passengers a day! Set your tripod at the whizzing traffic and capture the vibrant colors of light trails. Use leading lines to create dynamic images. Learn how to best shoot urban landscape at night to create depth in your photos.
This tour is not just about cars and traffic. You will also learn how blurring crowds can be effective when the backdrop is memorable. After a short train ride to Shibuya, we will take you to parts of the station unknown to many but highly photogenic. By then you will be able to handle the camera settings without problem. You will let your imagination run free and test different angles and composition creating your own memories of Tokyo. Of course you will go to the famous crossing but make sure you photograph it like you would have never thought.
You will need a tripod for this tour. You will spend 30% of your time shooting handheld and 70% on tripod. If you prefer more handheld photography nighttime as well as daytime check out the Tokyo Metropolis tour.
- The time and expertise of a professional photographer
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Photography equipment
- Transportation fare (¥160)
- Food and drinks
In front of the information map next to turnstile of the West Entrance at Shinjuku JR station [underground level]. Reach by public transport: Take JR train (not subway, not Oedo line). Alight at JR Shinjuku station. Follow the yellow sign: WEST EXIT. Just after the turnstile the meeting point is at the big “information map”. Getting lost is easy in Shinjuku station: allow plenty of time.
• The local supplier highly recommends that you bring a wide angle zoom lens, such as a 17-55mm lens, and bring a camera with manual overrides
Product ID: 51381