Visit a Japanese home and participate in five different activities for a real Japanese experience. You will have Matcha tea with Wagashi, fold origami creations, practice the art of Shodo calligraphy, learn Furoshiki, and have a traditional lunch.
What to Expect
Learn about the different aspects of Japanese culture in the comfort of a local home in Tokyo, Japan. On this all-in-one experience, learn the techniques used in Japanese cooking in a Japanese style home kitchen and savor tastes of a traditional Japanese dish of your choice. Also, in this all-inclusive cultural experience, you will learn the art of Shodo (traditional writing of Kanji/ Hiragana/ Katakana) with an authentic calligraphy brush.
You can get your work as a gift after you write your favorite letter on a fancy paper. Learn the traditional folding art of origami (make a ninja star, crane, and a handy box, all using a simple piece of Japanese origami). But that's not all, you will also learn Furoshiki, an everyday practice of cloth wrapping. Take home your origami creations and Furoshiki as a souvenir. Finish off with a Matcha tea party with Wagashi (Japanese confection).
- Origami paper creations (small origami paper pack)
- Furoshiki, wrapping cloth experience
- Shodo calligraphy experience
- Lunch, Japanese sweets, and sake
- Matcha tea time
- Handout of cooking recipe
- A small gift (Tenugui, Japanese towel)
Know Before You Go
• Please make known in advance if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies
• 5 to 6 kinds of side dishes will be arranged
• Possibility of schedule modification