Tokyo: Tsukiji Fish Market & Rolled Sushi Cooking ClassProduct ID: 72321
From £81 per personBook now
- Explore Japanese culinary traditions during this combination Tsukiji Market walking tour and cooking lesson
- Discover the wondrous array of seafood from tuna to tentacles for sale at Tsukiji Fish Market
- Visit one of Asia's largest gourmet cooking schools for a Japanese cooking course
- Learn to prepare washoku dishes, a Japanese cooking style that emphasizes homemade, traditional techniques
- Make sushi rolls, a Japanese style Tamagoyaki omelet and soup
- Dig into your tasty creations during lunch with wine, plum sake, and soft drinks
Meet up with your guide in the morning in front of Tsukiji Honganji Temple, located just outside the famous seafood market. Then, step inside this temple to all things seafood for an in-depth shopping session including plenty of time for photography and exploration. As you wander the aisles of this colorful and chaotic market, you’ll observe everything from giant tuna to sea urchins to octopus arranged for sale.
Japanese Washoku Making Class
Once you’ve had your fill of seafood, proceed with your guide to the gourmet cooking studio of one of Asia’s largest culinary schools, boasting more than 150 studios throughout the region. Following the instruction of an experienced cooking teacher, you’ll learn to prepare two washoku recipes, a style of Japanese cuisine emphasizing traditional and homemade techniques. This typically includes a sushi roll along with a Japanese style omelet called Tamagoyaki plus side dishes.
Finish your session by digging into your tasty creations for lunch, enjoying your meal accompanied by your choice of wine, plum sake, or soft drinks. You’ll leave with a full stomach and a newfound appreciation for the wondrous world of Japanese cuisine and its top-notch ingredients.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation between attractions or activities
- Required cooking ingredients
- Use of apron, handy towel and chef hat
- Food and beverage at cooking studio
- Lunch (your creation)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation fee to/ from the meeting point
- Tuna auction watching
The main gate of Tsukiji Honganji Temple at 9:20am. // 1) Take Hibiya metro line to Tsukiji Station (H10) and go to Exit 1. 2) You’ll find Tsukiji Honganji on your left side in 1 minute. // * If it’s raining on the day, please come into the temple building (under the roof) inside the main gate. // Departure time: 9:30 am. (Open in Google Maps)
Depending on the day of travel, the cooking menu is either a Sushi Roll or Mt.Fuji & Sakura Sushi Art, both along with egg omelet and side dishes.
• A maximum of 6 people per booking
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Minimum age is 9 years
• Minimum height is 130 cm (4.2 ft)
• Minimum drinking age in Japan is 20 years
• Casual clothing and Comfortable shoes are strongly recommended
Product ID: 72321