Stay connected in Japan, anytime and anywhere with a portable Wi-Fi router. Update your status on Facebook, send emails, or tweet during your trip to the “Land of the Rising Sun.” Whether you are in Tokyo or somewhere remote, enjoy good connections.
What to Expect
Rent a portable Wi-Fi device during your stay in Japan, and keep up-to-date with family and friends on social media sites, or use it to send emails, watch YouTube videos, and much more.
The device will save your stress and time on your holiday or business trip. Valid for 4, 7 or 14 days, the device is convenient and easy to use. Gone are the days of hunting for Wi-Fi connection and going into countless cafés to buy expensive coffee in the hope they'll have Wi-Fi.
Simply have the Wi-Fi router delivered to your hotel on check-in, and return it at the end of your trip. Each router comes with an AC adapter and user manual, along with a return envelope that you can ask the hotel receptionist to post for you.
The maximum internet speed is 110 Mbps downlink and 10 devices can be simultaneously connected for web browsing, e-mail, and chatting. Enjoy high speed connections anytime and anywhere. No insurance is required, and there won't be any extra month-based fees to pay. Also, there is not deposit, service charge, or other fee.
Network: WiMAX2+/WiMAX/4G LTE
Continuous Communication Time: approximately 11 hours
Maximum Number of Simultaneous Connections: 10 devices
Charging Time: 3 hours (approximate)
Official Product of au by KDDI
Unlimited data (For WiMAX2+ and WiMAX)
- A Wi-Fi router, AC adapter, user's manual, and return envelope
Know Before You Go
• Please note that connection speeds stated are the maximum speeds possible. Connection may be slower depending on your location
• Any damage to the product, or failure to return the rented products, including all accessories, will be subject to an additional JPY 20,000 fee
• If the postmark on the return envelope is more than 1 day after the last day of the contract period, the customer will be billed for the extra day(s)
• If the provided return envelope is lost, the customer is responsible for posting the product back at their own expense
• Reservations can be made up to 3 days before your desired start date for most places, including Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. However, due to the time required for shipping to certain areas (such as Hokkaido), reservations for these locations must be made at least 5 days in advance
• Ryokan/hotels can be pick-up or drop off points; capsule hotels or house or room rentals cannot