Discover Tokyo from a different perspective with a go-kart rental in the Akihabara neighborhood. Ride your fun vehicle through the public streets after a briefing on how to drive the go-karts before you set off. Explore at your own pace.
What to Expect
Journey along the streets of Tokyo by go-kart and experience the city from a different perspective. Imagine yourself as a would-be racing driver as you explore the city using a fun mode of transport.
Pick-up your go-kart from the rental shop in the Akihabara neighborhood, where the staff will give you a short briefing on how to drive the vehicles before you set off on your own. You can opt to book a driver/guide if you prefer. They will accompany you in a separate go-kart, and this option is recommended if it is your first time in the city.
Rent a go-kart for periods of 1 hour up to 1 day (returning the vehicle the following day) along with free costumes to use to turn your drive into a fun adventure. You can drive on the public roads without a seat belt or helmet as long as you have a valid driver's license. Reach a maximum speed of 60 kilometers per hour, or take it at a more leisurely pace to soak up the admiring views of the passersby!
- Go-kart rental fee
What's Not Included
- Go-pro rental
Know Before You Go
• You must have a valid Japanese driver's license, Japanese SOFA license or international driving permit
• All go-karts are for 1 person. There are no multi-person go-karts
• Please fill up the tank before you return the go-kart when you choose the 2, 3, or 5-hour rental
• It is not recommend that you park the go-kart anywhere because there are not many parking lots in Tokyo and the operator cannot take responsibility if any accidents happen to the go-kart
• The facility has costumes that you can borrow for no charge. You can also buy some inexpensive costumes at the nearby "Don Quixote" shop if you would like your own
• You can book an optional add-on for a driver to guide you throughout Akihabara. The driver will drive in a separate go-kart
• The height restriction for the go-karts is 150 centimeters
• If it is your first time driving in Japan, it is recommended to book the option with a guide