Climb aboard one of Japan's famous bullet trains and journey from Tokyo to Kyoto for the day. Upon arrival, take a bus tour with an English-speaking guide and see landmarks such as the Kinkaku-ji Temple. Benefit from some free time to explore on your own.
What to Expect
Climb aboard a high-speed train at your choice of station in Tokyo and travel to Kyoto for a day of sightseeing. Depart from Tokyo Station, Shinagawa Station or Shin-Yokohama Station and journey to Kyoto by Nozomi Shinkansen (bullet train).
Arrive in time to take a guided bus tour with an English-speaking guide in the morning. See sights such as Nijō Castle and the Zen temple of Kinkaku-ji, where the top 2 floors are covered in gold leaf. Pass Kyoto Imperial Palace, where the emperors of Japan resided until the Meiji Restoration of 1869.
Then, benefit from some free time to explore Kyoto at leisure in the afternoon, until your Nozomi Shinkansen bullet train departure time. Journey back to Tokyo, with an arrival at Tokyo, Shin-Yokohama or Shinagawa Station according to your itinerary.
- English-speaking guide
- Round-trip train ticket on the Nozomi Shinkansen bullet train (Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo)
Know Before You Go
• Please refer to your tickets and final itinerary for your train number and time
• The Nozomi Shinkansen train times cannot be changed once fixed
• The Nozomi Shinkansen schedule may vary slightly due to unforeseen conditions
• If the address for the tickets and final itinerary changes after booking, please inform the local tour operator at least 8 days prior to the tour departure date
• The Kyoto sightseeing bus is shared with other tours provided by the same operator
• This is a special tour for international visitors. Please understand that residents of Japan cannot make bookings for this tour
• An English-speaking guide will accompany the tour only during the Kyoto sightseeing section
• When Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on certain dates, the tour will visit alternative locations
• Train tickets and final itineraries will be sent to your accommodation at least one day before departure