Discover the history of Durres and Tirana, two ancient cities with rich histories.
What to Expect
Discover the ancient city of Durres which is the second largest city in Albania and Tirana, the capital of Albania.
Begin your tour by driving towards the city of Durres. You will be transferred 33 km west of Tirana. Durres, otherwise known as antique Dyrrachium, due to its geographic and climatic location, was a strategic place on the eastern shores of the Adriatic and in the region of southern Illyria. The tour of the Old Town will include the ruins of the town forum, Roman baths, the city center, town hall, the Roman Amphitheatre, byzantine walls, the Venetian tower and an archeological museum with a panoramic display of discoveries and urban planning of this once important city.
After the tour continue our trip back to Tirana. Explore the capital city of Albania including some of the historical highlights like the city center, Skanderbeg Statue, Et’hem Bay Mosque, the Clock Tower, the Italian buildings of the Governmental Institutions, and the ex-communist buildings painted with vibrant colors.
- Transport with a/c vehicle
- City Tour of Durres and Tirana
- Driver/ Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees in mentioned monuments and museums
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel