This tour includes two important Albanian destinations filled with historical importance.
What to Expect
This tour includes 2 important destinations of the country: Ardenica Monastery, the last monastery where monks still live today and Apollonia, which is enchanting in its combination of monuments and unspoiled nature, taking visitors two thousand years back in time.
Begin your tour by driving towards the city of Fier. The first stop will be in the Monastery of Ardenica. This monastery is located in a dominant position on the hill with the same name which offers a relaxing view of the Field of Myzeqe. Even though your first impression would be one of a regular cult object, in it you will find impressive historical and cultural values.
After the visit continue towards the village of Pojan. Visit Apollonia, an ancient settlement, one of the biggest in the Adriatic area. Wandering in this settlement you will feel relaxed and meditative, through a landscape that has changed little since Antiquity. You will be introduced with the Church of Saint Mary, Archeological Museum, the Odeon, the library, and the most photographed monument: the Bouleterion.
Free time for lunch.
Return to Tirana. End of service.
- Transport with a/c vehicle
- Guided tour of Ardenica Monastery and Apollonia
- Driver/ Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees in mentioned monuments and museums
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel