Explore the mountainous massif of Anaga Rural Park on an 8-hour sightseeing tour in Tenerife. Discover some of the last laurel forests in the world, immerse yourself in the local traditions, go to the unique cave houses of Chinamada, and more.
What to Expect
Discover one of the last laurel forests in the world on a full-day tour of Anaga Rural Park, where time appears to have stood still for centuries.
Start in the typical fishing village of San Andres, just outside Santa Cruz de Tenerife, near Teseritas Beach. You will be immersed into the natural world almost immediately. Your guide will provide information on the history of one of the oldest sides of Tenerife, sculpted by millions of years of volcanic erosion.
Cross the Fayal-Brezal to discover places full of rural traditions, and friendly locals who are always waiting for visitors. Learn the legends and stories of the aboriginals, and the 1st governors who conquered the island.
At the summit of Anaga, you will experience one of the best secrets of the Alisio wind; revel in the magic of the humid Laurisilva forest. Continue to Chinamada to see the traditional cave houses that are still lived in by locals.
Enjoy a unique view from a privileged vantage point, directly over a cliff that towers 550 meters above sea level. End with a walk in the UNESCO World Heritage city of San Cristóbal de La Laguna, and discover why it is sometimes referred to as the “Florence of the Canary Islands.”
- Transportation by private vehicle (maximum 8 seats)
- Pick-up and drop off on demand
- Accredited guide
- Gastronomic experience (tasting of local produce)
- Vehicle accident and liability insurance
- Hiking material
What's Not Included
- Lunch or picnic
- Admission to museums and visitor centers
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring sun protection
• Please bring a copy or original ID or passport
• A small backpack is recommended to keep your personal belongings safe
• You are advised to bring a picnic (there will be free time to pamper your stomach)
• Don´t forget your camera and/or video-camera
• Tours operate with a minimum of 2 people, and a maximum of 8 participants
• The local operator reserves the right to change the route of the itineraries for climatic reasons, force majeure or circumstances beyond their control
• A 50% penalty applies to cancellations made between 72 and 24 hours prior to the tour
• No refund is provided for cancellations made 24 hours prior to the tour