Experience the arid landscape of South Tenerife on an 8-hour small group adventure tour. Learn how millions of years of volcanic activity has formed the breathtaking scenery at sites such as the Ensenada Pelada and Montaña Roja volcanoes of El Medano.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day adventure of South Tenerife, traveling through areas of breathtaking volcanic beauty, where life has adapted and prevailed despite the difficulties posed by the geographical phenomenons.
Following a pick-up, transfer by minibus (maximum 8 passengers) to the quiet town of Arico Nuevo. Explore a landscape formed millions of years ago by large-scale volcanic activity. Marvel at the colors of the landscape, and the traditional houses that speak of powerful volcanic eruptions that left a mark on the island.
Continue to a number of volcanic sites to feast your eyes on different types of volcano. Be blown away by the dramatic formations of the Ensenada Pelada and Montaña Roja volcanoes in El Medano, their striking colors contrasting with the crystal clear coast.
Enjoy panoramic views of more than 90 volcanic formations in Arona, and learn the characteristics of the endemic flora. Sample new flavors in La Escalona with a tasting of local produce grown in the volcanic soil.
End with a drive through the Teide National Park, dominated by Mount Teide, Spain’s highest mountain and volcano.
- Transportation by private vehicle (maximum 8 seats)
- Pick-up and drop off on demand
- Accredited guide
- Gastronomic experience (tasting of local produce)
- Vehicle accident and liability insurance
- Hiking material
What's Not Included
- Picnic lunch
- Museum and visitor center entrance tickets
Pick-up on demand, to be confirmed after booking
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring sun protection
• Please bring a copy or original of your ID or passport
• A small backpack is suggested to keep your personal belongings safe
• You are advised to bring a picnic (there will be free time to pamper your stomach)
• Don´t forget your camera and/or video-camera
• Tours operate with a minimum of 2 people, and a maximum of 8 participants
• The local operator reserves the right to change the route of the itineraries for climatic reasons, force majeure or circumstances beyond their control
• A 50% penalty applies to cancellations of between 72 and 24 hours before the tour. No refund is provided for cancellations made 24 hours prior to the tour