Embark on an 2-day tour from Tel Aviv, flying into the Eilat Airport and exploring the great sights of Jordan. Visit Petra, enjoy a 2-hour Jeep safari through the desert, marvel at the amazing Wadi Rum, and spend the night at a Bedouin desert camp.
What to Expect
Set off on an adventure through the beautiful desert landscape connecting Israel to Jordan on this unique 2-day tour from Tel Aviv. Fly out from the capital city to the Eilat Airport, and head over across the Jordan border, stopping for a tour of Petra, one of the New Wonders of the World, and spending the night in an amazing Bedouin camp in the desert. Spend the next day traipsing through the desert on a Jeep and exploring the amazing Wadi Rum, before returning to Tel Aviv in the evening.
Detailed Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Tel Aviv – Eilat – Petra – Wadi Rum
Catch a flight at 06:30 from the Sde-Dov Airport in Tel Aviv directly to Eilat Airport, where a tour guide will be waiting for you, and immediately begin your Jeep adventure. Drive over to the Israeli-Jordan border crossing, and continue on into Jordan and towards Petra, stopping at various lookout points along the way to admire the vast Jordanian mountains.
Arrive to Petra at 11:30 At around 11:30 we will arrive in Petra and tour this New Wonder of the World. After a few hours, stop to enjoy an authentic lunch at one of the local restaurants, and then set off for a Bedouin camp at the beautiful Wadi Rum (or The Valley of the Moon) where your will spend your first night, enjoying a camp-side dinner and sleeping under the stars.
Day 2: Wadi Rum Jeep Safari Tour
Start the morning off with an incredible breakfast at the encampment, and then set out on a Jeep tour of one of the most spectacular areas of the world – the amazing Wadi Rum, named the most impressive site in the world by UNESCO in 2011. Spend 2 hours driving through the unique desert landscape, filled with natural rock arches, dizzying cliffs, and natural caves, and then continue on by bus towards Aqaba for a short sightseeing tour of the Jordanian city. After the tour, begin your return journey to the Eilat Airport for your return flight to Tel Aviv.
- Flight from Sde-Dov Airport in Tel Aviv to Eilat Airport
- Flight from Eilat Airport to Sde-Dov Airport in Tel Aviv
- Transfer from Eilat Airport to Arava border with professional team
- Transfer back to Arava border and to Eilat Airport (or your hotel in Eilat)
- One night in Bedouin tent at Wadi Rum (with dinner, breakfast, and hot shower)
- Lunch at a local authentic restaurant
- Professional English-speaking tour guide (other languages available for extra cost)
- Entrance fees
- Short horse ride in Petra
- 2-hour Jeep safari tour in Wadi Rum
What's Not Included
- Border fees (65 USD at Israel–Jordan border for over-night tourists)
- Personal insurance (no Insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal)
- Personal expenses
- Soft drinks
- Visa (can be obtained at the border for a fee of USD 75)
Know Before You Go
The Visa/tax/border fees are payable only in cash, in USD, British Pounds, or Israeli Shekel.
A valid passport is required on the day of the tour.
Border passing includes border control and customs. This process may take up to an hour, so your patience is required and appreciated.
Don't forget to bring warm clothing in winter, hat in summer, and comfortable walking shoes.
Lunch will be late, so please eat breakfast before departure.
There will be a 100% cancellation fee.
Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.