Spend a day visiting Bethlehem and Jericho with an expert guide. Visit the locations from Jesus' early life, including Shepherd's field, Good Samaritan Inn, and the Church of the Nativity on a fun and informative day trip.
What to Expect
Bethlehem offers even the non-believers amongst us a breathtaking and educational day trip from Jerusalem. First, we'll drive to Bethlehem and visit the Church of Nativity and Manger's Square, for a look at Jesus' birthplace. Your guide will also stop with you for an overview of the Shepherd's field before returning to Jerusalem.
As you drive through the Judean desert, stop by the Good Samaritan Inn before heading on to Jericho, one of the oldest cities in the world. Here, it's easy to imagine what life might have been like 2000 years ago when the wise men headed on their way to meet the newborn baby Jesus. We'll also stop at the Zacheus Sycamore for a view out at the Mount of Temptation, where Jesus is said to have been tempted by the devil. This ancient site has over 25 ancient cities and is still being explored.
- Pick up from hotel
- Government licensed tour guide
- Entrance fees to sites
Know Before You Go
• The tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations
• Palestinian guide meets the tour only at the border
• Change of vehicle may be required upon entering Palestinian Authority territory
• Passports are required
• Comfortable walking shoes are suggested
• Modest attire is required for visiting holy places of any religion (men with head covering, women with shoulder covering; for both men and women - no shorts)