Discover the birthplace of Christ and King David in the city of Bethlehem, and trace the events of the Nativity in a half-day tour from Tel Aviv. Visit the Greek and the Catholic Church, and the Milk Grotto where Mary fed her son.
What to Expect
This half-day excursion takes you to the heart of the biblical story of the Nativity. Drive to Bethlehem to get an overview of the Shepherds' Field and to visit the Church of the Nativity, one of the oldest continuously operating churches in the world.
Located on the West Bank in Palestine, the city is heavily dependent on tourism and thousands come every year to worship or just watch at Manger's Square where Jesus is said to have been born.
The city is the birthplace of King David, and means “City of Bread,” as a result of the wheat crop that grew in the region. According to Christian tradition, it is the site of the birth of Jesus. You will visit the Church of Nativity and the cave where Jesus was born.
Continue to Manger Square, where Jesus was placed after his birth. Today it is also home to the Mosque of Oman, an important site for the many Muslims who live in the city.
Explore the Greek and the Catholic Church and the Milk Grotto, where Mary fed her son. You will get an overview of Shepherds’ Fields and visit the church, before your return to Tel Aviv for a drop-off at your hotel or Ben-Gurion Airport.
- Entry fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• A valid passport is required on the day of travel
• Modest dress is required
• Please note that tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations
• Palestinian guide meets tour only at border post
• Change of vehicle may be required for entry to Palestinian Authority territory
• There is no immediate return to Netanya's hotels.
• Tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4