This guided audio tour of the stunning lake city of Taupo will show you how the city has gently transformed by taking you on a journey which will highlight its geothermal history and the massive lake on which is sits.
What to Expect
Enjoy this action-packed city of Taupo, where water-based and adrenaline activities keep many tourists busy. Located on Lake Tauponuiatia or Lake Taupo for short, this area is rich with geothermal and volcanic activity where natural hot springs and baths surround the area.
In this audio tour you will learn about the Waikato River which runs from the Lake and its fishing history at the Taupo Boat Harbour. You will also see where the Skydiving takes place, as well as learn about the Māori Carvings and Stories, the Lake itself, the Tongariro National Park, the Harbour Master Building and Boats, Tapuaeharuru Redoubt and Magazine, the Courthouse Buildings, the Story Place, the Taupo Museum with the Garden of Wellbeing, the Joan Williamson Rose Garden, Great Lake Centre, the Settler's Cemetery and the Taupo Primary School. A fun tour full of interesting information.
- Self-guided tour with audio guide
What's Not Included
- Entrance Fees
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, warm clothing
• Please note this is an audio tour. No physical guide will accompany you.
• This is your tour, your way, and at your pace, therefore there are no specific starting times for the tours.
• Please see your printable voucher for download information.