Mt. Etna South Side Day Tour
From £31 per personBook now
- A scenic tour of the tallest volcano in Europe, Mt. Etna
- The opportunity to trek the Silvestri's craters
- Optional ascent to the main crater area
We pick you up from Taormina at 08:30h and drive you to the Etna refuge. From here, you'll be able to trek around the the Silvestri’s Craters. You then have the option (at extra cost) to head to the top of the volcano by funicular and a 4x4-wheel drive.
Eruptions at the summit are extremely spectacular, but rarely threaten the inhabited areas around the volcano. An eruption in 1669 lasted 122 days and destroyed several towns. Since then, there have been countless summit eruptions and at least 60 flank eruptions, the last one in 2008.
At 16:00h, we will return you to Taormina with a guarantee - you will never experience a similar volcano in the whole of Europe.
- Tour leader
- VAT and taxes
- Ascent to the main crater area
- Drinks, Meals and other extras
- Entrance fees (free for EEC passengers up to 18 years and people over 65 years with valid Y.I.D)
Meet at the Taormina Terminal Bus at Via Pirandello. Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before departure time. Pick-up is available in the areas of Taormina, Giardini Naxos, Recanati and Letojanni. Please contact SAT Group office (office opening hours: 08:30 - 13:00 /16:00 - 19:30) to reconfirm the excursion at least the day before and to get more information about the closest pick up point. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 13016