Shore Excursion: Best of Tallinn in a Small GroupProduct ID: 67213
From £36.84 per personBook now
- Soak up the atmosphere of this small hanseatic town on a walking tour with a local guide
- Explore local streets, churches and enjoy a great panorama of the city from the viewing platform
- Take advantage of the 2 hours free time after the walking tour to enjoy a delicious lunch or do some shopping
As you drive, you will be greeted by Fat Margaret Tower and the Great Coastal Gate, will then drive along the the city wall with defence towers. Once in the Upper Town, you will start your walking tour there.
Merchant houses, St Olaf’s Church, one of the oldest functioning pharmacies in the world, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, The Three Sisters Houses, which is today a modern five-star hotel with the medieval charm – everything about the Old Town will mesmerise you and amaze you with it’s perfectly preserved condition, like from a fairytale. You will stroll through the narrow cobble-stoned lanes to the Dome Church (Virgin Mary Cathedral) and admire the magnificent panoramic views from Toompea Hill.
This tour being not just a historical overview of the days past, you will also learn about life of modern Estonians, see where they walk, shop and enjoy their coffee breaks!
Your guided tour will finish in the center of the Old Town and the guide will specify the pick up place for return ship transfer in 2 hours. You will have 2 hours of free time to continue your exploration independently. Just don’t forget to come back to the meeting point for the transfer to the ship. It’s so easy to lose track of time in this charming medieval place.
If you wish, you can stay in Old Town longer and either walk back to the ship or take a taxi there.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Port pick-up and drop off for round-trip shared transfer in a mini-bus
- 2 hours 45 minute walking tour
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
The meeting point is located Outside the cruise harbour gate and your guide is not allowed to walk inside the port. Due to port reconstruction, meeting locations have changed and you have to walk 5-15 min from your ship (depending on the pier number) to reach the meeting point of private tour operators. When you exit the ship, you need to walk past the souvenir shopping area towards city center. Depending on the location of your ship, your ship may dock right next to souvenir shopping or you may need to walk about 200-300 meters (220-330 yards) to reach the souvenir shopping area. Please note that there are some tour buses inside cruise port area but these are operated by cruise ship agents. Independent tour operators have no authorization to enter this secured area. When walking out of the port, you will pass a big hot air balloon and hop-on hop-off buses. Please continue walking towards the gate. There is only 1 gate out of cruise port and this is the place where the tour starts (Open in Google Maps)
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• At time of booking, cruiseship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
• This is a shared small-group tour. Maximum number of tour participants: 16
• Not recommended for participants with back problems
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Product ID: 67213