This East Dai Temple, in its fame and antiquity, is on a par with the Forbidden City, the Temple of Confucius, Kong Family Mansion and other well-known sites in China. Take a half day to discover the Dai Temple.
What to Expect
Today you will take a half day to visit the Dai Temple, the largest and best-preserved architectural complex on Mount Taishan. This huge temple complex is in the centre of town, with Mt Taishan as its background. This East Dai Temple, in its fame and antiquity, is on a par with the Forbidden City, the Temple of Confucius, Kong Family Mansion and other well-known sites in China.
It is located at the foot of Mount Tai in the city of Tai'an and covers an area of 96,000 square meters. The temple was first built during the Qin Dynasty. The temple has five major halls and many small buildings. The centerpiece is the Palace of Heavenly Blessings (Tian Kuang), built in 1008, during the reign of the last Northern Song Emperor Huizong. The hall houses the mural painting "The God of Mount Tai Making a Journey", dated to the year 1009. The mural extends around the eastern, western and northern walls of the hall and is 3.3 metres high and 62 metres long. The theme of the painting is an inspection tour by the god. Next to the Palace of Heavenly Blessings stand the Yaocan Pavilion and the entrance archway as well as the Bronze Pavilion in the northeast corner.
After the visit you will be transferred back to your hotel in Tai'an.
- Private car/coach for transfers service and sightseeing program as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (B = breakfast L = lunch D = dinner)
- Local English-speaking tour guide for transfers and sightseeing program as indicated in each city
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary
- Service charge and government taxes
What's Not Included
- Domestic airfare or train tickets
- Hotel accommodation
- Entry or exit China international airfare or train tickets
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver and hotel bellboy
- Fees for entry visa to China
- Traveler insurance
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund