1-Hour Tour of Szczecin's Underground RoutesProduct ID: 31403
From £78.61 Per group up to 8Book now
- Visit Szczecin’s original underground shelter from World War II
- Hear about life in the shelter during bomb raids
- See original photos of pre-war and post-war Szczecin
On this 1-hour guided tour you’ll learn about this anti-aircraft shelter that was built during World War II. In constructing the shelter, Germans made us of existing 18th-century corridors. It is spread out over 5 levels, with walls and ceiling made of 3 meters of reinforced concrete. The total surface of the shelter is about 3,000 square meters.
After World War II, the space was converted into a nuclear shelter. During the air raids it provided protection for as many as 5,000 people.
There are two tours available. On both of the routes you will see a total of about 100 information panels, 40 mannequins, 50 thematic exhibitions and 500 exhibits.
- 1-hour guided tour in Polish (scripts available in German, English, Danish, French, Swedish)
- Guide who speaks other languages
Szczecin Główny railway station, Kolumba, Szczecin. Entrance to the Szczecin's Underground Routes is on platform 1, in the back of the railway station building, down the stairs to the old passenger tunnel. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 31403