Enjoy Taronga Zoo with a full-day ticket. The zoo is an icon of Sydney nestled on the shores of the world's most beautiful harbors. See almost 4,000 animals including many native Australian animals, exotic species, and 20 daily shows and keeper talks.
What to Expect
Overlooking magnificent Sydney Harbour, Taronga Zoo is just 12 minutes by ferry from Circular Quay and offers amazing wildlife experiences with stunning harbor views. Nestled on the shores of the world's most beautiful harbor, Taronga Zoo is surrounded by lush bushland of Bradley's Head National Park, popular for early morning walks. Ferries depart from Circular Quay every 30 minutes.
Taronga Zoo is open daily, 365 days a year. Opening hours between October and March are 9:30 to 17:00; and between April and September from 9:30 to 16:30. The Zoo has many popular trails to explore including the Australian Walkabout, Kids' Trail, Reptile World, African Safari, Big Cats' Trail, Rainforest Trail, Seal Walk with attached Seal Show Theatre and the iconic must-see Free Flight Bird Show. Zoo entry includes daily keeper talks and presentations, daily shows, and access to the Sky Safari cable car.
The many exhibits in Taronga Zoo can be reached by footpaths, ramps, lifts and escalators. 90% of Taronga Zoo is fully accessible. Strollers can be hired from the Visitor Information Desk in the main entrance at a small fee and manual wheelchairs can be rented for free and should be booked in advance.
- Full-day general entry ticket
- Sky Safari cable car round trip
- Daily shows and Keeper talks
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from Taronga Zoo
- Food and beverages
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Taronga Zoo, opened on October 7 1916, is a not-for-profit organization and supports more than 30 conservation programs worldwide. Taronga Zoo also operates a wildlife hospital
• Please note, you cannot become a member through GYGs website, this needs to be done directly through the zoo
• The Sky Safari operates from 09:30 – 16:30. All children (up to age 14) travelling on the Sky Safari must be accompanied by an adult. Due to limited capacity, during peak periods, it may only operate one-way trips to facilitate effective guest movement in the zoo
• Wheelchair access: the zoo provides sturdy, all-terrain manual wheelchairs for free to those who require mobility assistance (ID required) and a disclaimer form must be completed. These wheelchairs must be pushed by a carer/companion and seat belts are required to be worn. Please note this when booking
• Carers or essential companions to people with disabilities are allowed free entry into the zoo. National Companion Cards are accepted