Get a taste of the Sydney Harbour BridgeClimb on a 1.5-hour climb to the halfway point. Ascend the inner arch of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge to a spectacular vantage point halfway to the top. Enjoy panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House, and more.
What to Expect
Face your fears and get an adrenaline rush on a 1.5-hour climb halfway to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Ideal if you have height issues and would prefer not to climb to the summit, the BridgeClimb sampler will take you to a spectacular vantage point nonetheless.
Make your own way to the BridgeClimb visitor center in The Rocks, and prepare for your BridgeClimb adventure with a pre-climb prep. Latch on in the Climb Base below Bradfield Highway, and venture along catwalks past the South East Pylon, directly over Sydney Harbor.
Here commence your ascent to the halfway point on the inner arch on the Opera House side. As you cross over to the Darling Harbor side of the Bridge, pause for a group photo at a unique vantage point within the Bridge. From here, you make a quick descent to the Climb Base.
- BridgeClimb with guide throughout the climb
- Sampler group photo
- BridgeClimb cap
- Equipment and gear needed for the climb, based on the weather conditions and Health & Safety Essentials
Know Before You Go
• This tour is ideal if you have height concerns and would prefer not to go to the very top of the bridge
• For safety reasons, you can’t carry anything with you on the bridge. You will be provided with secure lockers to keep your things in, including phones, cameras, and GoPros. Climb Leaders will take photos of you during your climb
• Anyone who is fit and healthy, and with a sense of adventure is welcome to challenge themselves to the climb of their life
• You must have an alcohol-blood reading below .05 to climb the bridge. Everyone is breathalyzed, and anyone over the limit will not be allowed to continue
• If you are under 24 weeks pregnant, you can climb with a Certificate of Fitness signed by your doctor. If you’re over 24 weeks pregnant, you cannot climb
• You must be over 8 years old and more than 1.2 meters tall (4 feet) to climb
• Essential medication, such as inhalers, can be taken on the climb
• Children aged 8–15 must be accompanied by an adult; maximum of 3 per adult