Visit two of the area's most picturesque towns, Su Zhou and Zhou Zhuang. Explore each town and their distinctive landscapes and unique history, along with your knowledgeable guide. Experience the true beauty and interesting cultures during this day trip.
What to Expect
Visit Su Zhou in the morning and explore this town often referred to as “The Venice of the East.” Discover the Panmen Ancient City Wall and Grand Canal and learn about the history behind them. Founded around 600 BC, Su Zhou is one of the oldest towns in the Yangtze basin.
The town is well known for its interconnected waterways and beautiful environment, and was one of the few cities in China to escape the ravages of the Cultural Revolution. Its famous gardens remain almost entirely intact, allowing guest to wander round and enjoy the views at the Master of Nets Garden.
After lunch you will travel to Zhou Zhuang. Well known for its dreamy landscapes and simple architectures, the town has been well preserved for over 900 years. The majority of the town's residences were built in the Ming and Qing dynasties, and nearly 100 traditional courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways are still in use. You will visit the old residence in the old town and take a boat ride there. After your trip you will be transferred back to Shanghai.
- Private car for hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Sightseeing program as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Local English speaking tour guide for pick-up, drop-off, and sightseeing program
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary
- Parking fee & toll fee wherever applicable
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight/train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
Know Before You Go
Prices are quoted in US dollar per adult. Price for child is 80% of adult price. Prices are for references only and may vary according to your travel date and group size.