Enjoy a 5-hour guided tour that begins with hotel pick-up and takes you to Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Have a special night strolling around the fortress site, admiring the glowing lights.
What to Expect
You begin the night tour by being picked up at your hotel around 18:00. The tour guide will take you to Suwon city, about an hour away from Seoul.
You will have dinner at a restaurant well known for the Galbi (marinated beef) main course (dinner price not included). Enjoy the quality Korean beef cut into bite-size pieces before being marinated in a mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic. The beef is grilled on charcoal to drain the fat and make the beef juicier. It is served with a number of small and savory side dishes like spicy cabbage (Kimchi), Korean sweet pumpkin pancake (Jeon) and others.
Then you will be escorted to Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, which was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. This 5.7km fortress was built in the late 18th century and consists of 4 gates facing each of the cardinal directions—Janganmun (north), Paldalmun (south), Changnyongmun (east), and Hwaseomun (west). The 7-arch style Sumun gates straddle the point where the nearby stream reaches the palace. Above the Sumun gates is a pavilion called Hwahongmun.
Among these gates, you will stroll across Janganmun (north) and Hwaseomun (west) and make your way to Yeonmudae Post, which was used as training ground for troops over 2 centuries, where they learned fighting skills involving swords, spears and arrows.
Experience the serene and peaceful atmosphere by walking across the fortress. Take in the night breeze and the magical lights from the fortress. The night scenery is beautiful and uniquely different from the day's view. This will be ideal for a romantic date as well as for a traveler who loves talking a walk at nighttime.
Leaving behind this historic site, you will return to your vehicle and head up to Seoul. Your journey ends as you are dropped off at Myeongdong Lotte Hotel in Seoul.
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Hotel drop off
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
• A pick-up service is available for centrally-located Seoul hotels. If your accommodation isn't in Seoul (for example, Incheon), you can choose whether to make your own way to Seoul or to pay the extra charge based on the distance traveled on the tour day
• If you request a drop off, an additional charge occurs on the tour day