Khao Sok Jungle Safari & Rafthouse Adventure from Krabi
From £83 per personBook now
- See the world's oldest evergreen rainforest
- Trek through the jungle on elephant back
- Glide down the river by bamboo raft, longtail boat and canoe
- Stay overnight in a raft house or eco bungalow (or both)
- Look for indigenous birds and butterflies, in addition to large mammals
- Marvel at some of the world's biggest trees and see the world's biggest flower
- Visit Monkey Temple
Located in the scenic wilderness of Ratchaprapa, the Khao Sok National Park (also known as the Guillin of Thailand) is the largest protected wildlife area in the country. Famous for its lush green rainforest, amazing limestone mountains, fantastic waterfalls, and large mangrove trees, it’s also home to giant trees, big flowers, and various kind of wildlife.
Venture into the jungle to see unique flora and fauna. There are an estimated 200 different species to see; many of them have not yet been named. Marvel at 50-meter tall trees and the world's largest flower when you spot a rafflesia. Home to more than 48 mammal species, including wild elephants, monkeys, gibbons, deer, bear, wild dog, and marbled cat, Khao Sok is a paradise for animal spotting. Look for up to 187 different kinds of bird, and thousands of butterfly and insect species. Glide silently down the Khao Sok River for the best animal encounters.
Extend your adventure with an overnight stay at either a traditional raft house or bungalow. Add on a 2nd night’s stay and you can experience both, with night safaris, herbal saunas, longtail boat rides and more. Sleep under the stars on the Cheow Lan Lake near Ratchaprapa Dam. Then, trek into the evergreen rainforest, kayak along the river, or explore the forest on foot or from the back of an elephant.
- Transfers from and to your hotel in Krabi, Phuket or Khao Lak
- Soft drinks and water
- Seasonal fruits
- Lunch, dinner, and breakfast
- Travel insurance
- English-speaking guide
- National Park entrance fees
A complimentary pick-up service is available from Krabi, Ao Nang, Klong Muang Beach, Nopparat Thara Beach, Tubkaak Beach, Phuket and Khao Lak. Please advise your pick-up location (hotel, pier, bus station, airport, etc.) to arrange the service. Customers staying at Railay Beach can enjoy the free pick-up from Ao Nam Mao Pier, a 15-minute boat ride from Railay East (Open in Google Maps)
• The tour program is subject to change due to weather conditions
• The tour is run by Krabi locals, who actively support the local communities with volunteer teaching projects. Choose this tour to help them move toward small-scale tourism
Product ID: 47462