The Christmas markets of Alsace signal the annual return of time-honored festivities. A world of delicious fragrances, delightful craft goods and lights quickly takes shape and some surprising and mouthwatering discoveries await the markets’ visitors.
What to Expect
On this festive 7-hour program you’ll depart Strasbourg in the morning, and head to the village of Colmar. Christmas in Colmar’s historic town center is a magical experience featuring Christmas illuminations that blend perfectly with the lighting designed to enhance the town’s heritage.
The pedestrian city center with its major architectural treasures dates from the Middle Ages to the 19th century. It is beautifully decorated, creating a veritable open-air theater where the warm Christmas mood envelops the heart of the town. Enjoy some free time in the area to visit your choice of the 5 different Christmas markets.
Then you’ll take a drive along the famous Alsace Wine Route, passing through some of the region’s most beautiful villages. The afternoon program depends on the date of your tour. The villages of Eguisheim and Bergheim (Christmas cribs tour) host markets every day.
On 25, 26 and 27 November you’ll stop in Kaysersberg, where one of the most authentic Christmas markets is held. On 3, 4, 10 and 11 December, your itinerary will include the Christmas markets of Riquewihr or Ribeauvillé as this is the time when the medieval markets are held.
This full-day program also includes a wine-tasting session at a carefully selected winery, so you have the opportunity to taste some of the most famous varietals this area produces.
After the market visits and wine tasting you’ll return to Strasbourg.
- Colmar Christmas markets visits
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Transportation in a comfortable, fully-equipped minivan
- 1 wine tasting session at a local winery
What's Not Included
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums and attractions
Know Before You Go
• There is a maximum of 8 participants per tour
• The tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers (adults) to operate
• The tour is conducted in English unless otherwise stated
• The tour is not wheelchair-accessible
• Winery visits are not private
• This activity is not suitable for infants under the age of 4