See the sights of Stockholm’s Old Town on a walking tour of the Gamla Stan, and then learn about the Swedish royals at the Royal Palace. Catch the public ferry to the island Djurgården to visit the dramatic Vasa Museum of a sunken warship.
What to Expect
Walk along the cobbled streets of Gamla Stan, and hear tales and historic facts of Vikings, merchants, kings and queens, and heroes and villains. Pass all the main attractions of the Old Town, such as Market Square, the Nobel Museum, Stockholm’s smallest statue, and the narrowest alley.
Then, go to the Royal Palace and explore the official residence of Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf. Take a guided tour of the elegant rooms and historic halls, and hear stories of royals from bygone days. Next, board a public ferry to experience the maritime character of Stockholm. Cross to the island of Djurgården for amazing views of the Old Town and high cliffs of Södermalm.
Upon arrival at Djurgården, visit the Vasa Museum and learn the dramatic story of the 17th-century Vasa warship that sank on its maiden voyage and remained at the bottom of the sea for 333 years. After the guided tour, you are free to extend your visit and watch the 17-minute “Vasa” film, and visit the nearby ABBA Museum.
- Walking tour of Gamla Stan
- Visit to the Royal Palace
- Visit to the Vasa Museum
What's Not Included
- Entrance ticket to the Royal Palace
- Entrance ticket to the Vasa Museum
- 1-way ferry ticket from the Old Town to Djurgården (can be purchased from your guide)
Know Before You Go
• The supplier reserves the right to cancel the visit to the Royal Palace if it is closed to the public at short notice. However, this will not shorten the length of the tour and the supplier will try to replace the visit to the Royal Palace with a guided tour of the Coronation Church, provided this is open to the public