Glide like a bird above the ridges of Stepantsminda on a 1-hour paraglide flight and get an eagle’s eye view of the stunning Georgian landscape. Ride on the warm currents swirling around mighty Mount Kazbeg, with guide assistance at takeoff and landing.
What to Expect
Soar above the mountains of Georgia on a 1-hour paragliding adventure and get as close as possible to flying like a bird.
For first timers, paragliding can be a bit intimidating, but a tandem flight will put you in the hot seat, while an experienced pilot deals with all the technicalities. Following a short briefing, your pilot will assist with takeoff from a mountain slope. Assisted by a canopy that resembles a parachute, once inflated you will take a few steps to catch the wind and get in the air.
Your pilot will then be free to soar ridges, ride on warm currents, and cover distance, while you enjoy spectacular views of the mountains surrounding the tiny village of Stepantsminda and the peaks of Mount Kazbeg. Get a bird’s eye peek at Kazbegi as you stay airborne for about 20 to 30 minutes. Then, hold on tight as your pilot smoothly glides you back to land!
- Pick-up from Stepantsminda
- Takeoff and landing assistance
What's Not Included
- Extreme sport insurance (please purchase your own insurance in your country of origin before you arrive)
- Photo and video service from the monopod
Know Before You Go
• All customers participating in this tour must have their own extreme sport insurance
• Wear comfortable clothing, depending on the weather. A polar jacket and good thick shoes are recommended
• Your are strongly advised to stay in Kazbegi Stepantsminda for 1-2 days as sometimes the weather, especially after cyclones, can affect your glide. Operator will advise of the best conditions 1-2 days before your scheduled tour. Flights can operate in different weather conditions, including bright sun, partial cloud and full cloud
• Each passenger is briefed and issued with a helmet and flying suit. All pilots carry complete reserve and communication systems. Weather conditions are carefully assessed before you are taken up and again on takeoff. You are assisted by the crew during takeoff and landing