St. Petersburg: 3-Day Tour of Emperors' ResidencesProduct ID: 6439
From £218.36 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up in St. Petersburg available on request.
- Tour the immense galleries of the Hermitage and see paintings by Da Vinci, Renoir, Rembrandt, and more
- Admire the imposing Peter and Paul Fortress and learn about its famous prisoners, such as the son of Peter the Great
- See one of the world's largest church domes at St. Isaac's Cathedral
- Explore the ornate rooms of Catherine Palace in Pushkin and learn more about the Russian tsars
- Stroll through the landscaped gardens of Peterhof Park; try to avoid being sprayed by the Joke Fountains!
- Visit the quiet palace of Pavlosk, where Emperor Paul I sought solitude with his family
- Admire the Musical Station at Pavlosk, where Johann Strauss once performed
You will see the most famous sights from the comfort of a car or minivan, and with a knowledgeable and experienced guide, including the Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospect, Kazan Cathedral, Palace Square, St.Petersburg University, and the Academy of Fine Arts.
Admire the statue of the Bronze Horseman, and pass Alexandrinsky Theatre, Smolny Cathedral, and the monument to Catherine the Great. Discover the great Square of Arts, the State Russian Museum, and the exquisite Saviour-on-Spilled Blood Cathedral. Marvel at the city’s numerous canals and rivers, cross beautiful bridges, and see the city’s pearl, the Peter and Paul Fortress.
Then, enjoy a guided tour of the Hermitage Museum, Russia's famous gallery of art from around the world. It has about 2.7 million exhibits and displays from Ancient Egypt to early 20th-century Europe, and it has been calculated that if you spent only 1 minute in front of each exhibit, you would have to stay in the Hermitage for 11 years!
But on this tour you will see all the great masterpieces at a glance in several hours, with commentary by a knowledgeable guide. Discover works by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian, and the unique collections of Rembrandt, Rubens and the French Impressionists.
On day two, explore Peterhof, St. Petersburg's most famous imperial estate. Located on the seashore, the Grand Palace and park complex is considered to be one of the most breathtaking in the world. Tour the elaborate interiors, as well as the Lower Park, where you will see the world's largest system of fountains, helping Peterhof earn the title of the Russian Versailles.
There are 4 major cascades and over 140 fountains, including the spectacular Grand Cascade located directly below the Grand Palace, where a golden statue of Samson grasps the mighty jaws of a lion. Other cascades feature black and white chess boards, Chinese dragons, and numerous other features that will make your Peterhof day truly memorable.
On day three, visit the magnificent summer residences of the Russin tsars on a tour of Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo) and Pavlovsk. All Russian monarchs lived, granted audiences, arranged diplomatic receptions, and held gala balls and masquerades in the gorgeous palace halls of Pushkin. A chauffeur-driven drive to the palace starts your day in style.
On arrival, explore the jewel of Russian Baroque architecture at Catherine Palace, and visit the Amber Room, considered one of the most stunning rooms in the world. Catherine Palace enchants and delights with its azure façades and grandiose size, perfectly reflecting the Russian national character.
Continue to the palace and park complex of Pavlovsk. This imperial estate was the residence of Emperor Paul I, son of Catherine the Great. Perched on a hill overlooking an English-style landscaped park, with a beautiful river running through it, the huge landscaped park was laid around the Palace of Paul I, who desired solitude with his family in this picturesque location. Famous guests who were invited included Johann Strauss, who performed with an orchestra here.
- 4 excursions by car or minivan
- Transportation by car or minivan: 1st day - 3 hours; 2nd day - 5 hours; 3rd day - 6 hours
- Guide during all tour activities
- Entrance fees
- All visits according to tour itinerary
Hotel pick-up and drop-off in St. Petersburg. Please provide your hotel name for pick-up details. The guide will meet you at your hotel lobby, and will be holding a sign marked "MariaRose Tours." If no hotel name is provided, make your own way to the MariaRose Tours office for the tour departure. The office is located 7 minutes walk from Moscow Railway Station (southern direction). (Open in Google Maps)
• Cancellations and changes are free of charge if you notify at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled departure
Product ID: 6439