Explore Lake Tahoe via a self-guided driving tour. Find out why the dazzlingly blue waters of Lake Tahoe have been named America’s most beautiful lake.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 365 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Audio guide included
Select participants and date
This is a self-guided experience. There will be no guide waiting to meet you. The tour begins at the Tahoe South Visitor Center. Be sure to check your email BEFORE you begin to download the Action Tour Guide app, enter your unique password, and access your tour. These steps require good data/wifi. From there, simply follow the audio instructions and the route. If you have any questions, please visit ActionTourGuide.com/FAQ.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Power bank
- Charged Smartphone
- * Your own vehicle
Know before you go
- This is a self-guided tour; no guide will accompany you. The Action Tour Guide app functions as a guide, an audio tour, and a map all in one.
- Please arrange for a vehicle before you take the tour. You only need to book one tour per vehicle, not per person.
- After the booking, you will receive an email with a link to the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password to access the tour within the app.
- This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists.
- Most stops along the tour have hikes, historic homes, and waterfall views along the way.
- This tour is valid forever - from the moment of booking. You will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change.