St. Lucia Ultimate Island Private TourProduct ID: 13937
From £69.59 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from St. Lucia hotels
- Hear about local history and stories about significant St. Lucia sites from a local guide
- Be astonished by the magnificence and beauty of the Piton Mountains
- View the Morne Fortune, Marigot Bay, Botanical Gardens, and Banana Plantation
- Do some shopping in Castries City
- Visit the sparkling Diamond Waterfall and the Sulphur Springs “drive-in volcano”
- Enjoy an itinerary carefully tailored to experience the best of St Lucia
- Immerse yourself in the rich mineral water of the mud baths, heated by the volcano itself
Start with a visit to the capital of St Lucia, and see Derek Walcott Square, named after a famous St Lucian author, who died in 1992, and is best remembered for winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
You will also see the elegant Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, a monument dedicated to St Lucian soldiers who died in the war, and a large Samaan tree thought to be more than 400 years old.
Capture the authentic paradise of the Caribbean Sea as you head along St Lucia’s west coast, considered one of the most exquisite parts of the island, with its tropical allure and dazzling unrefined charm.
Head to the Roseau Valley, famous for housing the most extensive banana plantation in St. Lucia. Bananas are the islands lifeblood, and you will learn how they are harvested. You will even get to titillate your palette as you taste them fresh from the tree in their ripest form.
Visit the extraordinary fishing villages of Anse La Raye, and Canaries. These oceanic neighborhoods are positioned in inlets at the hoof of steep hills, with intensely-hued fishing boats aligning their shores. Converse with the locals, and watch fishermen prepare fish and blow their conch shells.
Your next stop is the awesome Piton Mountains, one of the most spectacular sites on the island. Get blown away by the sheer magnificence of the 2 volcanic plugs. When you get to the peak, enjoy the spectacular view of Saint Lucia in its entirety, as well as other islands in the Caribbean. Cool down at Piton Waterfall, located at the foothills of the Piton Mountains.
Make your way to the Sulphur Springs at Soufriere. The inhabitants of Soufriere pride themselves that their home is the site of the only drive through dormant volcano in the world. It is a powerful sight as the crater emits sulphur, and bubbles away just a meters out of sight.
If there is time, you will get to spend some time snorkeling or swimming on a quaint white-sand beach. You will also view the dwelling of the Governor General of St Lucia. The house is situated on the summit of Morne Fortune near Castries, known as the “Hill of Good Fortune.”
On your return, stop at Morne Fortune overlook, and catch a glimpse of the picturesque southern side of Castries, with an astonishing view of Vigie, and Castries Harbor, as well as the northern side of the island.
- Refreshments - water and local juices
- Entrance fees - Volcano USD 8.00 per person / Botanical Gardens - USD 5.00 per person
- Lunch cost - USD 5 to USD 10.00 per person
- Gratuity (optional)
Pick-up and drop-off service is included at no additional charge. Please contact supplier upon arrival on the island to schedule pick-up time and location. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 13937