Travel by segway through the Bergisches Land. Learn about the areas history with a particular focus on its status as a railway center. See some of the historic buildings and railway bridges that dot the area.
What to Expect
Your tour will run from the track of the abandoned railway, known locally as the "Corkscrew Line," along narrow ways through the Gustav Koppel Park, past the nature lovers' house to the viewpoint at Theegartner Kopf, where benches invite you to stop, sit down, and take in the view of three cities.
The next part of the route follows the Müngstener Line, a railway leading through idyllic forests, with beautiful views of the Wupper valley. Passing Grunenberg, the oldest inn in Solingen, you will travel uphill towards the Müngsten Park. Here you will find the riddle-stone, engraved with 10 riddles, the answers of which can be found hidden around the park. The high point of the tour is the Brückenpark, where you can get a proper look at the highest railway bridge in Germany: the Müngstener Brücke!
You will then travel along the Wupper towards Kolhfurth, past Cafe Hubraum, a bikers' paradise and home to the Bergisches Land Tram Museum, which with its working trams is the smallest "streetcar operator" in the world.
At the end you will turn back towards Solingen, the city of swords, to wind down comfortably on the corkscrew line. A truly special experience!
- Intensive safety and segway training before the start of the tour
- Hire fees for the segway during the training and tour
- Professional tour guide
- The tour, including training, lasts 2 hours
What's Not Included
- Bicycle helmet
- Suitable clothing for the weather and season, e.g. raincoats, scarves, (cycling) gloves, sunglasses, suncream
- Sturdy, flat shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, high-heels, MBT shoes)
- Camera, or camera-phone
Know Before You Go
Conditions for participants:
● Minimum height: 1.40m
● Maximum height: 2.00m
● Minimum weight: 45kg
● Maximum weight: 118kg
● A valid driver's license (at least motorcycle class, to be brought with you on the tour)
● Minimum age: 15 (under-18s should have a letter of permission from a parent or guardian)
● Participants must be able to stand and climb stairs unaided
● A liability agreement must be signed before the start of the tour (participation is at your own risk)
The following may not take part:
● Pregnant women
● Those under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication
● Those with illnesses affecting their proper control of the Segway (e.g. serious heart and circulation problems, vertigo, high blood pressure, balance and coordination issues_)
● Those who have been under anesthetics in the 24 hours before the tour