From Sofia: Rila Monastery Full-Day TourProduct ID: 5949
From £101.32 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceThis tour begins from your hotel. In the event that your accommodation is not in Sofia, please contact the local operator after booking.
- Visit the Eastern Orthodox Rila church, then enter Rila Museum to explore its collection of artwork
- Gaze up at intricate decorative paintings while walking under the arches of Rila Monastery's exquisite open arcade
- Discover Hreliov's tower, built and fortified to protect Bulgaria's most important religious center in ancient times
- Ask your guide about Rila Monastery's Medieval legacy while enjoying a traditional 3-course Bulgarian lunch
- Enjoy a delicious traditional Bulgarian meal
You'll be transported by car or air-conditioned minibus from your hotel in Sofia up to Rila Mountain, where your guide will take you on a tour of the captivating ancient Eastern Orthodox monastery.
Named on the UNESCO World Heritage list, Rila Monastery offers insight into the Balkan's Medieval history. With its 1,200 scenes in numerous decorative paintings and figural images, the stunning open arcade is also an art gallery.
Admire the exquisitely detailed artwork under the arches, and then visit beautiful church with colorful frescoes located at the center of the Monastery. Then enjoy a traditional 3-course Bulgarian lunch as well as a visit to Rila Museum.
- Transport by car or air-conditioned minibus
- Guided tour
- Entrance fee to the Rila Museum
- 3-course lunch
This tour begins from your hotel. In the event that your accommodation is not in Sofia, please contact the local operator after booking. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 5949