Cycle the tranquil roads of Portugal’s historic Sintra Natural Park and see fairytale palaces, extravagant villas, and hill top castles on a full-day tour. Bike the rugged Atlantic coast and explore the UNESCO town of Sintra in the Cabo da Roca mountains.
What to Expect
Explore the superb UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sintra by bike, and discover palaces, fairytale castles, romantic gardens, and a wild Atlantic coast. Known to the ancient world as Lunae Mons (Mountains of the Moon), and a legendary retreat of Diana the Huntress, it is a paradise landscape for cycling.
In the company of a local guide, you will take a scenic ride along the tranquil roads of Sintra Natural Park. The most popular route is a leisurely 18 miles (30 kilometers) long, traveling from the mountain, to Sintra village, and on to the sea.
Sintra’s mystical hills are dotted with extravagant villas that have bewitched visitors for centuries. See magical palaces and castles as you cycle to the westernmost point in Europe.
Cycle the Serra de Sintra, a distance of about 10 miles (16 kilometers) from Sintra town to Cabo da Roca. Reach its highest point at 1,740 feet (530 meters) above sea level, and reward yourself with superb views of the wild Atlantic Ocean.
- Guided cycling tour
- Liability insurance
- Personal accident insurance
What's Not Included
- Monument entrance fees
- Gourmet picnic, EUR 12.50 per person
- Hotel transfers from Lisbon Airport, or Lisbon and Cascais hotels, EUR 25
- Bike rental (hybrid bikes), EUR 25 per bike
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Tour requires a minimum of 2 persons
• Please book at least 3 days in advance
• Please provide your full name and birth date for insurance purposes at the time of booking
• Acceptance of the reservation is dependent on availability