Singapore: Small Group Bike Tour with Local GuideProduct ID: 70313
From £58.95 per personBook now
- See the city sights from a unique perspective: aboard a bike!
- Visit Singapore’s most iconic sites, seen from vantage points where big buses can’t take you
- Learn about the history and heritage of Singapore, from the oldest neighborhood to the modern Marina Bay
- Stretch your legs as you refuel with local snacks and drinks
Along the way, take a break to stretch your legs. Choose between sipping some local coffee or cooling off with a glass of refreshing calamansi juice (a local treat similar to lemonade). Refuel with a delectable local snack such askaya toast (bread or crackers topped with a mix of coconut milk, butter and sugar).
Your biking adventure will include a visit to the cultural enclave of Kampong Glam, a historic district where Malays and Arabs once settled. Zip through the nooks and crannies, where rows of boutique shops and Middle Eastern cafés beckon locals. You’ll have lots of opportunities to stop and snap photos and you’ll hear intriguing stories (with a bit of trivia!) from your local expert guide. From there, explore Bussorah Street, often referred to as Little Istanbul. Here, you’ll find many Turkish diners and shops selling souvenirs.
As the morning heat builds up, take a respite from the sun by cooling off at the Malay Heritage Centre. Here, top up your water bottles with ice-cold water from the cooler provided.
Your bike tour will continue along Beach Road, which was once the coastline of the city but has since been pushed inland to accommodate land being reclaimed for buildings and businesses. Imagine, almost 13,000 football fields’ worth of land has been reclaimed since the 1960s!
As you cycle, marvel over the architecture along the coastline, where many of the buildings were built based on Chinese feng shui. Eventually reach the famous Raffles Hotel, which is the jewel in the crown of our hotels in Singapore. It’s also home to the beloved Singapore sling — a pineapple cocktail made with gin. This 128-year-old building was once a bungalow by the beach, visited by many famous people, including Queen Elizabeth II and Michael Jackson.
Finish up your Singapore tour with a visit to the colonial district, where you can see buildings that remind you of the old British rule. For the grand finale, catch a glimpse of the beautiful waterfront at Marina Bay, including the spectacular Marina Bay Sands — a resort that cost a whopping USD 5.7 billion to build.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet rental
- Mineral water
- Snacks as specified in the itinerary
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
1 North Bridge Road, B1-29, High Street Centre (opposite the Parliament House). It’s about a 5 to 10-minute walk from City Hall and the Clarke Quay MRT. (Open in Google Maps)
• Bring sunscreen
• Please provide the height and weight of all the travelers on your booking, in order for the local tour provider to determine your bike sizes
• Travellers under 10 years of age are not permitted to join this tour
Product ID: 70313