The imprint of Singapore's colonial past can still be felt in the city today. On this walking tour discover the stories behind this fascinating period of history. Visit famous landmarks as your guide brings the history of the city to life.
What to Expect
On arriving to Singapore in 1819 Sir Stamford Raffles famously said "This place possesses an excellent harbour... Singapore is everything we could desire." Singapore was subsequently claimed as a trading outpost of the British Empire and the rest, as they say, is history. In governance, religion, entertainment, and many other spheres, the imprint of Singapore's colonial past carries on. On this walking tour you'll also learn about Singapore's national flower, the Sarkies brothers, The Straits Times and that wonderful drink called "the Singapore Sling." Discover Singapore's colonial legacy from The Time of Empire.
- English speaking licensed guide
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
• Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water.
• Private tour available at different rates, for details please enquire with the firm.
• Children below 7 years old may attend free of charge.