Discover the colorful history of Singapore's Red Light District as you walk through Chinatown after dark with your guide. Learn the history of prostitution, gambling, and opium then bus across and venture down the streets and alleys of Geylang.
What to Expect
Meet your guide at the Chinatown MRT Station in Singapore to start your night tour of Chinatown and Geylang.
Your guide will take you along Pagoda Street, Food Street, and the Street of the Dead, telling you all about the danger and vice of historic Chinatown. In 1887, the brothels in Chinatown were said to be as many and as close together as the teeth of a comb. Combined with a proliferation of opium and gambling dens, it was old Singapore's sin city.
It is no accident that Chinatown was also known as Bu Ye Tian–The Place of Nightless Days. Discover vice and tragedy in the shadows of Chinatown by night. Then bus across and venture down the streets and alleys of Geylang, where you still might find a hint of the old Chinatown. Tread with us as we go where many men have gone before!
- English-speaking Licensed Guide
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• This is a bus tour.
• Please call Journeys Pte Ltd at least 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm your tour and meeting details.
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
• Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water.
• Private tour available at different rates. For details, please inquire.
• Due to the subject content, only ages 18 years and above are allowed on this tour.