Travel through Singapore's streets and its history with a specialized researcher-guide, learning the truth of Singapore's war history as you slice through deceptive propaganda.
What to Expect
Often referred to as the "Gibraltar of the East," Singapore fell in only 7 days, but the specifics are still contested.
Is Singapore's story, oft told through seductive myths and deceptive propaganda, one of a navy that never was? Should General Percival really bear the brunt of the blame? Dive in to find out, getting to know the British, Australian, Indian and Malayan defenders on a city walk dedicated to the memory of all who fought and suffered during those years of captivity.
With vividly recounted tales sensitively portrayed by specialised researcher-guides, few have left these trails unmoved. Guests will visit select WWII sites that lend varied perspectives on the eventual crumbling of Singapore's defenses against Japanese forces on February 15th, 1942. Travel by bus with your guide to, among others, the Battle Box (British Far East Command Center where the decision to surrender was made) and Kranji War Cemetery.
- English-speaking licensed guide
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks, unless specified
- Tips & gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
Battlebox Visitor Centre(Fort Canning Hill)
Know Before You Go
• This is a bus tour.
• Please call Journeys Pte Ltd at least 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm your tour and meeting details.
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
• Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water.
• Private tour available at different rates. For details, please inquire.
• Children under 7 years are free of charge.