Siena: Half-day Guided Hike to MonteriggioniProduct ID: 49693
From £39 per personBook now
- Revel in Tuscany's medieval past with a half-day hike from Siena
- Enjoy the view of ancient castles and historical sites while crossing vineyards and olive groves from Siena to Monteriggioni
- Savor local organic wines with a guided tasting
- Marvel at Monteriggioni's imposing fortress
This route, that has for centuries been a highway of men and emotions, a spiritual pilgrimage, and a wealthy trade route, has been forgotten and almost entirely relegated to history by the modern paved car roads. Only recently the route has been brought back from the grip of modernity and is today enjoyed by many pilgrims and hikers alike. Experience the beauty of the mixture between the Tuscan countryside and the glory of its medieval past, still present in it's wonderfully preserved castles, villages, and ruins.
See the Tuscany you would never want to miss before returning home, pass through forests and fields, vineyards, and olive groves from Siena to the imposing fortress of Monteriggioni. A medieval walled town located on a natural hillock, built by the Sienese in the thirteenth century as a bastion of defense in their wars against Florence.
Once in Monteriggioni, you will enjoy a guided tasting of local organic wines before saying goodbye to your guide for the end of the tour. Feel free to explore the village and the surrounding area at your own pace.
You will be given a train ticket to return to Siena railway station. Trains leave on the hour (every hour) and can be taken at whatever time you prefer from the nearby station.
- Transport to starting point for the tour
- Wine tasting
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Return train ticket to Siena
- Map with train times and directions to the train station of Monteriggioni
- Tips and gratuities
The tour starts from Siena’s San Domenico basilica on Monday and Thursday mornings, with pick-up at 08:30am. The guide will be holding a sign with a Tuscan Escapes Logo on it and the van used will also have a Tuscan Escapes Logo. (Open in Google Maps)
• It is highly recommended you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, to bring water, a hat, and sunscreen
• The normal operation of the activity is subject to weather condition
• In case the tour has to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, the choice of a tour on an alternate date or a full refund will be offered
Product ID: 49693