Savor the taste of the some of the best wine in the world on this tour of Montalcino. Learn about the winemaking process and what separates this region's renowned reputation from others. Relax in the peaceful enviornment of the famous Italian region.
What to Expect
Brunello, considered the best wine in the world, has its ancestral roots in the passion of the inhabitants of Montalcino and in the ancient winemaking tradition, handed down from one generation to the next.
The town of Montalcino, with its Sangiovese grapes the wine is produced from, stands on a charming hill that lets you relish its natural wholesomeness. The town, its ancient fortress, and some of the best wineries in the world are the focus of this specialized tour.
The winemaking process which includes a long maturation in casks made from valuable wood, make Brunello the “Italian ambassador in the world of our winemaking reality.” Taste prestigious wines from some of the finest wineries in Montalcino and enjoy the wonderful surrounding area.
- Shuttle service from your accommodation and back
- Private minivan with all amenities for a maximum of 8 people
- Local bilingual guide (Italian-English)
- Tour of Montalcino and its stronghold and short break to shop for typical products and local crafts
- Wine tasting at two renowned Montalcino wineries reviewed by the most respected wine magazines such as Wine Spectator and Decanter
- Tasting of bruschette and typical Tuscan cold cuts and cheese
- Possibility of buying wine at exceptional prices at the wineries visited during the tour (shipped almost everywhere in the world)
Know Before You Go
• Children under 2 years of age come free of charge.
• Children between 3 and 12 years old receive a 50% discount.
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.
• Small groups: maximum 8 people on the minivan.
• Tours in Italian are also available on request; this must be confirmed by provider upon moment of reservation.