Taste the food and wines of Tuscany on a 10-hour sightseeing tour of Montalcino, Pienza, and Montepulciano. Depart Siena and cross the Tuscan hills, and visit wineries that produce wines such as Brunello di Montalcino and Nobile di Montepulciano.
What to Expect
Enjoy a day of culture, wine, and food as you visit some of the most impressive towns and villages in Tuscany. Go to the picturesque town of Pienza, and taste world-famous wines produced in Montalcino and Montepulciano.
Depart Siena and transfer to a wine cellar in Montalcino. Cross gently rolling hills full of vineyards, and then sample local wines served with a delicious snack of the local produce. Explore the streets of Montalcino to experience a typical Tuscan village and its fortress.
Continue to Pienza to discover the “Touchstone of Renaissance Urbanism.” Considered an artistic jewel of the landscape of Val d’Orcia, Pienza is a perfect combination of architectural beauty and harmony. Most of the lanes bearing impressive names overlook the breathtaking landscape of the Val d’Orcia. Unique smells and flavors are entwined with this natural and artistic heritage. Pienza’s most renowned tradition is pecorino cheese.
End the tour at Montepulciano, where the stateliness of its Renaissance buildings and the refined beauty of the town's churches mix with the ancient tradition of wine making. Taste some of the Nobile di Montepulciano wines at a local winery before your return transfer to Siena.
- Self-guided visit of Montalcino, Montepulciano and Pienza
- Transportation by air-conditioned GT coach or minivan
- Multi-lingual escorts
- Brunello di Montalcino wine tasting
- Nobile di Montepulciano wine tasting
What's Not Included
- Drop off service, unless specifically selected as add-on (limited availability)
Know Before You Go
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Please note that tours in French, Portuguese, and Russian are available on request, but require a minimum of 4 participants
• Please note that tours in German are available on request, but require a minimum of 4 participants
• Please note that between November 1st and March 31st, tours in Chinese and Japanese are available on request and with a minimum 4 participants