Enjoy a beautiful day on the islands of Giglio and Giannutri, both famous for their spectacular beaches, crystal clear water, untouched nature and historic sites. Spend your day relaxing, swimming, and discovering the islands' Roman and Etruscan history.
What to Expect
You will start your day early, when your tour leader will collect you from the meeting point or your accommodation in Siena. A coach takes you to Talamone, an ancient coastal town whose port was an important commercial center for the Etruscans, the Romans and other civilizations. There, a comfortable boat will be waiting for you. Enjoy the sea breeze on the one-hour boat trip to Giglio.
Once on the island, you will have time to explore it by yourself. You can visit the main beaches by public transport or rent a scooter (both optional at your own expense). At lunchtime, you can jump back on board if you choose, and continue on to Giannutri - or if you prefer, stay and explore Giglio further. If you do continue to Giannutri, you will enjoy a forty-minute boat ride.
On Giannutri, you will see more spectacular beaches with crystal clear water. You may also join a guided tour of a Roman Villa (optional at your own expense). After a magical day surrounded by history and nature, the boat will take you back to Talamone where the coach will be waiting for you, and you can sit back and relax on the drive back to Florence.
- Free pick-up on request
- Travel to Talamone by GT coach or minivan, with air-conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Boat tickets
What's Not Included
- Optional lunch aboard the boat is EUR 15.00 per person
- Public transport or scooter rental to explore Giglio
- Guided tour of Roman Villa on Giannutri
Know Before You Go
• This tour is only available between 15th June and 14th September
• The itinerary may be changed due to unforeseen circumstances, such us strikes or bad weather
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs