Chianti and Villages Full-Day Wine Tour from SienaProduct ID: 49753
From £121 per personBook now
- Visit to the villages of Castellina in Chianti and Greve in Chianti
- Visit a quaint medieval hamlet
- Walk in vineyards and olive groves
The first stop is in the characteristic walled village of Castellina in Chianti, here you have the opportunity to visit the town and it's covered medieval walkway. From here, continue to the town of Greve in Chianti, famous for it's square of artisans and for being the hometown of the famous sailor Verrazzano. Here you have free time to sample wines or visit the stores. Afterwards continue up the hill to a pretty and quaint walled hamlet where you can enjoy a walk along the cobbled streets and take in the breathtaking landscapes.
The next stop is a very small family run winery where you have the opportunity of lunching with the locals, enjoy a first tasting of the famous black rooster Chianti Classico wines and learn about the areas habits and traditions.
After lunch, visit another bigger winery and be walked through the processes of wine production. Visit the cellars and learn more about the great reds produced there, the way they are made, and the differences in flavor of various blends and grape varieties.
On the return journey, stop once more to enjoy glorious landscapes and walk around the beautiful and isolated Abbey of Passignano.
- Wine cellar tour and Chianti classico wine tasting
- Lunch with Chianti wine served in a family home/winery
- Expert English-speaking driver guide
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned minivan
- Tips and gratuities
San Domenico Basilica, in Siena (under the big tree). Your guide will be holding a sign with the Tuscan Escapes logo on it and the van will carry the Tuscan Escapes logo. (Open in Google Maps)
• This is a small group tour with a maximum of 8 people
Product ID: 49753