See the floating villages of Tonle Sap Lake, and visit the Angkor temple of Banteay Srey on a combined full-day tour from Siem Reap. Learn about the farming and fishing life on the lake, and admire the carvings of one of Angkor’s most beautiful temples.
What to Expect
Take this combined full-day tour of Tonle Sap Lake and the women’s temple of Banteay Srey to compare life in Cambodia today with the great history of the Khmer Empire kings and their mysterious Angkor temples.
You will start your tour with a transfer to Tonle Sap, following a pick-up at your Siem Reap hotel. Glide along the lake by boat, cruising to the floating village of Chong Phneas. This is one of the most atmospheric settlements of the lake, where the abundant fish serve to provide the locals with their source of income. Meet some of the fishermen to learn more about their everyday lives, and visit a fish farm and a crocodile farm before lunch.
In the afternoon, you will go to the temple of Bantaey Srey, built when the Khmer Empire was gaining power. A jewel of Khmer art, marvel at the carvings of myths in the temple’s red sandstone walls, and see ornate pediments that depict Khmer legends.
En route back to Siem Reap, time permitting, stop at a local village to learn how sugar is produced from the sugar palm plants. Back in Siem Reap, watch a traditional Apsara dance show, and be dazzled by the costumed dancers presenting a graceful display of Cambodian folk stories.
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels in Siem Reap
- Transportation with driver
- English-speaking guide
- Drinking water and cool towels
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
- Lunch and dinner at a local restaurant
- Buffet dinner with Apsara dance show
- Any service not mentioned in the program
Pick-up from hotels in Siem Reap
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy: no show - 100% charge; cancellation 1 week to 1 day before tour - 50% charge; 2-1 week before tour - 30% of tour price; 3-2 weeks before tour - 10 % of tour price; 4 weeks or more - no charge