Discover the best of Cambodia on a compact time frame. Exploring the the uncover the majestic temples of Angkor.
What to Expect
The temples of Angkor represent 600 years (802-1432) of Khmer civilization - one of Asia’s greatest Kingdoms. Depart your hotel at 8.00 am, and spend the whole day exploring the awesome temples of Angkor.
Angkor Wat is the world’s largest sacred building and an architectural masterpiece. Built in the 12th century the temple took 30 years to build and represents the Khmer civilization at its grandest. You also visit the southern Gate of Angkor Thom, flanked by a row of 54 stone figures on each side - gods to the left and demons to the right – and the fortified city of Angkor Thom. At ‘The Bayon’ (12th century) you see its beautifully crafted central towers, covered in more than 200 enormous faces, then explore the famous Terrace of the Leper King, and the Terrace of Elephants.
After lunch and a rest break you set out to the jungle-enveloped Ta Prohm – one of the most atmospheric of all temples in Angkor. Once home to 2,740 monks, Ta Prohm today looks much as it did in the early 1850s, when French explorer Henri Mouhot ‘rediscovered’ this crumbling site. After exploring the maze-like interior of Ta Prohm, continue to see sunset at Pre Rup temple before return back to your hotel.
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private air-con transport
- Bottled water
What's Not Included
- Temples entrance fee
- Lunch & personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Dress code is smart casual and must to be cover your shoulder and knee.
• If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination.
• Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.