The best way to experience the sunset over the floating village on Tonle Sap Lake, this unique River Boat tour is great for families, groups or single travelers. Experience the floating villages and then relax aboard the famous Queen Tara.
What to Expect
The tour will begin at 3:30 pm, when you will be picked up from your hotel or guesthouse in an air-conditioned vehicle. Your friendly and knowledgeable tour guides speak English (and Khmer of course) and they will ensure that you enjoy your tour, pointing out areas of local interest along the way and answering any questions you may have. It takes about 20 minutes to reach the port of Chong Khneas. On route to Chong Kneas you will make two stops. First you will pass rice paddies and lotus fields and will have an opportunity to stop and take some photos of the lotus flowers which are a deeply important flower in Buddhism (please note depending on the time of year the views of the lotus and rice fields will vary). You will then stop at the stilted houses just before the lake to see how the water levels effect the way people live and see a floating school. Upon arrival you will exit the vehicle and jump onto one of the mini Tara boats. The mini Tara boat will be driven by an experienced and safe local driver and you will also be provided with a life jacket.
Once on the water you will stop at the Crocodile and Fish Farm at Chong Khneas (depending on the current water levels) where you will learn about some of the trades people on the lake work in. If catfish, crocodiles and large snakes don't interest you, there is a souvenir shop and a viewing deck on board for you to purchase some presents for loved ones or take a few photos.
After you have finished looking around the mini Tara will transfer you across the lake to to the famous Queen Tara in the heart of the floating village where you can feast to your heart's content will all inclusive meals and drinks and chill out or step onto our viewing deck. If the weather is good, you will get a first class view of a spectacular sunset, the likes of which you will never forget. Even if there isn’t a sunset, the magnificent & unique cloud linings that form above the great lake are always a spectacle to behold. At about 6:45 pm you’ll leave the restaurant and head back to the port at Chong Khneas where your air-conditioned vehicle will be waiting to transport you directly home to your hotel or guesthouse.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in air-conditioned minivan/car
- English speaking guide
- Buffet dinner
- All you can drink selection of beer spirits, cocktails, champagne or soft drinks
- Tour of floating village of Chong Khneas
- Tour of crocodile and fish farm
- All check point fees and taxes
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Children 10 and under are half price; children 5 and under are free
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Age 18+ for alcoholic drinks