Admire the intricate carvings of the women’s temple of Banteay Srey, and see hundreds of fertility carvings at Kbal Spean on a full-day tour from Siem Reap. Hike through the jungle to cool down by the cascades of a waterfall for lunch, and more.
What to Expect
Take a tour of some of the most remote sights of the Khmer Empire on a full-day excursion to the Valley of a 1,000 Lingas and the women’s temple of Banteay Srey.
Following a pick-up at your Siem Reap hotel at 08:00, drive to Kbal Spean deep in the jungle northeast of Angkor. A steep, 45-minute jungle walk takes you to the riverbed where you’ll see hundreds of phallic carving in the rocks, depicting mythological motifs of the Hindu deities, Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, and others. Rest by a lovely waterfall - best seen at the end of the rainy season - to marvel at the carved animals at the summit.
Continue after lunch to the temple of Bantaey Srey, which loosely translates as “Citadel of Women.” Located about 16 miles (25 kilometers) from the main Angkor complex. Banteay Srey is considered a jewel of Khmer art for the carvings in its red sandstone walls, and ornate pediments that depict Khmer legends.
En route back to Siem Reap, stop at a small village to learn how the locals produce sugar from the sugar palm trees. Back in the city, you will watch graceful dancers at a traditional Apsara dance show, depicting scenes of Cambodian folklore, while enjoying a buffet dinner.
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels in Siem Reap
- Transportation with driver
- English-speaking guide
- Drinking water and cool towels
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
- Lunch and dinner at a local restaurant
- Buffet dinner with Apsara dance show
- Any service not mentioned in the program
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy: no show - 100% charge; cancellation 1 week to 1 day before tour - 50% charge; 2-1 week before tour - 30% of tour price; 3-2 weeks before tour - 10 % of tour price; 4 weeks or more - no charge