Tonle Sap Lake Floating Villages & Beng Mealea Temple TourProduct ID: 5585
From £100 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-ups available from Siem Reap hotels, with 24-hour advance notice of pick-up location. Alternatively, meet at the tour office at 435 Street 20, Wat Bo Road, Siem Reap.
- Explore the floating markets and villages of Tonle Lap Sap Lake
- Cruise around the stilt houses of Kompong Khleang
- Visit a floating fish market to purchase fresh fish and interact with friendly fishermen
- Enjoy a lunch of fresh fish at a local stilt house
- Take a scenic drive to the jungle-clad Beng Mealea Temple
- Discover one of the best Khmer Angkor-style temples in its raw, mysterious and unrestored state
Stop en route to take photos and experience the sights and sounds of a local market and village school. Your approach to the village of Kompong Khleang will be by road in the dry season, or by boat in the flood season (August to February), when the village is at its most spectacular at low water, and the charming stilt houses tower more than 30 feet (up to 10 meters) above the river.
At high water the atmosphere changes markedly. The roads become canals, offering the chance to cruise by private chartered boat between the houses of this ”Venice of Southeast Asia.” Visit the floating fish market, where you will meet friendly fishermen as the guide buys fresh fish for your lunch. After your meal, prepared at a stilt house of a local village family, enjoy a scenic drive to Beng Mealea Temple.
Beng Mealea Temple is a fabulous place for those who want to experience a vast and spectacular jungle temple in its raw unrestored state. Set within a moat of more than 0.5 square miles (1.5 square kilometers) the Hindu temple, with Buddhist motifs, is the most mysterious of all the temples of the Angkor style. Cloaked in thick vegetation, with huge trees sprouting from its ruins, Beng Mealea remains much as it did when it was discovered in 1990.
- Tonle Sap boat cruise
- Entrance fees to Beng Mealea
- Qualified English speaking Khmer tour guide
- Bottled water
- Other meals and refreshments
Pick-ups available from Siem Reap hotels, with 24-hour advance notice of pick-up location. Alternatively, meet at the tour office at 435 Street 20, Wat Bo Road, Siem Reap. Please be ready 15 minutes before scheduled tour time. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 5585