Explore the remote temples of the Khmer Empire on a full-day tour of Banteay Srey and the early Angkor temples of Roluos from Siem Reap. Admire bas reliefs, and sandstone carvings. Return to the city for a buffet dinner and Apsara dance show.
What to Expect
Discover some of the unique temples and carvings of the Angkor complex on a full-day tour of Banteay Srey and the early temples of the Roluos group, and end with a traditional Apsara dance show and dinner.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Siem Reap at approximately 08:00 for the drive to Banteay Srey near Phnom Dei. Located 16 miles (25 kilometers) from the main Angkor complex, Banteay Srey was part of the medieval capitals of Yasodharapura and Angkor Thom, and is a jewel of Khmer art. Admire mythological carvings in the temple’s red sandstone walls, and see ornate pediments that depict Khmer legends.
After lunch at a local restaurant, continue to the early Angkor temples of the Roluos group. You will visit Preah Ko to marvel at the first temple built in the ancient city of Hariharalaya. Preah Ko (Sacred Bull) takes its name from the 3 sandstone statues that face the temple's central towers, representing the white bull that served as the mount of Shiva.
Continue to the temple mountain of Bakong, the state temple of King Indravarman I in Hariharalaya, and see fragments of the original bas reliefs. Next, admire the carved lintels of the temple of Lolei, the last of the 3 temples of Hariharalaya.
Return to Siem Reap for a buffet dinner. En route, and time permitting, you will stop at a local village to learn how sugar is produced from the sugar palm plants. Back in the city, watch a traditional Apsara dance show, and be dazzled by the costumed dancers presenting a graceful display of Cambodian folk stories.
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels in Siem Reap
- Transportation with driver
- English-speaking guide
- Drinking water and cool towels
- 1-day Ankor Pass
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- All the services mentioned in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Drinks at restaurant
- Buffet dinner with Apsara Dance Show
- Tips for the guide and driver, and personal expenses
- Any service not mentioned in the program
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy: no show - 100% charge; cancellation 1 week to 1 day before tour - 50% charge; 2-1 week before tour - 30% of tour price; 3-2 weeks before tour - 10 % of tour price; 4 weeks or more - no charge