Discover the wonders of the temples in the Angor complex on this 2-day tour. Visit Angkor Wat, Bayon Temple, Bapoun, and the Elephant Terrace. Take a boat to the floating village on Tonle Sap and finish with dinner and a traditional dance performance.
What to Expect
Spend 2 days exploring the temples of Angkor Archeological Park, including Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Bayon. Admire stunning carvings, the jungle setting of Ta Prohm, and venture farther afield to visit a floating village on Tonle Sap.
Start out at 08:00 at the south gate of Angkor Thom, where you’ll visit Bayon Temple, Bapoun, and the Elephant Terrace. Continue on to the Ta Prohm jungle temple, built by King Jayavarman VII (1181-1218), and dedicated to his mother. See the location for Angelina Jolie’s Tomb Raider movie. Take a break for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch your tour continues with a visit to spectacular Angkor Wat, built by King Suryavarman II (1113-1150), and dedicated to the God Vishnu. At the end of the tour you’ll head to a restaurant in the city for a buffet dinner and an apsara dancing show. Afterwards, you’ll be transferred to your Siem Reap hotel.
Head to Tonle Sap, a lake so vast it resembles an inland ocean, and take a boat to the floating village. The lake is an important source of fish, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet fisherman during the morning tour. You’ll also visit fish and crocodile farms, and stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch you’ll visit temples in the Roluos Group, including Preah Ko, Bakong, and Lolei. These structures date from the early Angkor Period (802-1431). Preah Ko temple was built by King Indravarman I in 879, Bakong was built in 881, and Lolei was built by king Yasovarman I in 893. You’ll be transferred to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Siem Reap
- Transportation during the tour
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Drinking water and cool towel during the trip
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Lunch and dinner at local restaurants
- Buffet dinner with apsara dancing show
- Tips for driver and guide
- Any services not mentioned in the program
Know Before You Go
• No-shows are charged 100 per cent of the tour price
• Cancellations made 1 week to 1 day before the start of the tour are charged 50 per cent of the tour price
• 2 weeks to 1 week before the tour, 30 per cent of the tour price is charged
• 3 weeks to 2 weeks before the tour, 10 per cent is charged
• 4 weeks or more before the tour, no charge is applied for cancellation