Marvel at the fairy chimneys of Göreme National Park and discover other rock formations in the Devrent, Paşabağ, and Pigeon valleys. On this 3-day Cappadocia tour you’ll also visit the Mevlana Museum in Konya and see an optional whirling dervishes show.
What to Expect
Göreme National Park and the Rock Sites of Cappadocia were added to UNESCO’s World Heritage list in 1985. Discover these natural wonders on a 3-day professionally guided tour, choosing from Alanya, Side, and Belek departures.
Cappadocia, located in eastern Anatolia, boasts a unique historical and cultural heritage. In addition, the landscape of the region’s Devrent, Paşabağ, and Pigeon valleys is characterized by unusual fairy chimney formations.
Millions of years ago, 3 of Cappadocia’s mountains were active volcanoes. Volcanic eruptions and erosion of the tuff layers of volcanic ash created the formations you see in the area today.
During this excursion you’ll come across a wide variety of fairy chimney shapes, ranging from conical, pointed, and columnar to hat and mushroom-shaped.
Visit an underground city and the Göreme Open Air Museum, which features over 30 rock-carved churches and chapels, dating from the 9th to the 11th centuries, and many with interior frescoes.
Your guide will take you to the Mevlâna Museum in Konya, the mausoleum of Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi. The site was also the lodge of the Mevlevi order of whirling dervishes. If you like you can choose to see a whirling dervishes show (not included in the tour price).
- Transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned bus
- Accommodation -2 nights at 3-star half-board hotel accommodation in a double room
- 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts
- All entrance fees
- Professional tour guide in English and German
What's Not Included
- Single room supplement at the hotel - 10 EUR per night
- Turkish night show in Cappadocia and whirling dervishes show - optional 25 EUR per person
- 3 days' worth of lunch and drinks
- Open buffet lunch - 10 EUR per person
- Hot air balloon ride - 150 EUR per person. Must be booked by the tour guide
Know Before You Go
Accommodation is based on a double-occupancy room. A single supplement available.